- Exciting opportunity with leading NFP organisation in the specialist employment sector!
- Benefit from a competitive remuneration plus super, performance related bonuses and salary packaging!
- Bring your employment services experience to this rewarding position!
About the Organisation
Nexus Human Services (Nexus) is a high performing, vibrant industry leader in the specialist employment sector. The organisation is a not for profit company that has proven itself as one of the top providers of DES in Australia.
Nexus is committed to enhancing the lives of people with a disability, jobseekers and the community as a whole.
The organisation’s vision is ‘to inspire all customers by providing a great service experience’.
About the Opportunity
Nexus Human Services has a number of exciting opportunities for full-time Post Placement Consultants / Employment Consultants to join their team in Braddon, ACT.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist people with a disability, or who are recovering from a mental illness, with the goal of them maintaining independent and meaningful employment.
Some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Support clients to maintain their current employment;
- Support employers with any issue that may arise whilst the client is in employment;
- Source additional training or support for the client whilst in employment;
- Actively market clients who are not meeting their employment requirements in their current jobs;
- Work with job seekers in achieving their career progression goals; and
- Act as a link between Employers and Nexus
This position would be well suited to candidates with experience in a high contact role within employment services. Any understanding of the effects of mental illness in open employment and/or experience with specialist employment programs will be highly regarded.
Nexus Human Services is looking for personable individuals with highly developed relationship management, influencing and teamwork skills, as well as a can-do approach and the ability to succeed in a performance-oriented environment.
You will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to negotiate at all levels to a wide range of clientele, including employers, job seekers, community stakeholders, other organisations and government departments.
Candidates who have a good understanding of, and empathy for clients with mental health related issues and/ or a disability, and a genuine desire to help others and improve the community will thrive!
Please Note: A reliable vehicle and a current driver’s licence are essential requirements of this role.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a valued team member within an expanding market leading company. Nexus is a supportive and close knit organisation where you will be continually challenged and valued, with access to great mentoring and coaching.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive remuneration (commensurate with experience) plus super, performance related bonuses and salary packaging options to significantly increase the value of your take-home pay! You will also have access to a company vehicle for any local travel required.
Furthermore, Nexus will actively encourage your career advancement by providing personal and professional development.
Experience true job satisfaction in a rewarding position, don’t miss out – Apply Now!